I have a better solution to obtain the key to accomplishment.
Where do you hang your hat? I’m not talking about your home address… but your outlook on life. What is she talking about? you might be thinking. Well, I recently came across a post from a colleague, Theresa Campbell, CEO of Be Next Entertainment; I loved it so much I’m compelled to share it with you:
Change of Address:
“In 2015, I will no longer be living on the corner of Depression and Doubt. The rent is too high, the space is too small and there is no room for my dreams to grow. Plus, I need to get away from the folks next door – Hater and Negativity.
My new place is located on Destiny and Belief. If you need me, that’s where I’ll be. The place is big and the ceiling is so high that I can touch the stars. And I’ve got some new neighbors – Support and Encouragement. All mail sent to the old address will be returned to sender.
Sincerely, The New Management”
Where would you like to “live” that would change the way you approach life? Make a choice and mentally move to your desired new “location”! When we move, we not only physically change our location, but our outlook must change too. Making a mental move to your next space will create a shift required to achieve your goals.
Maybe you made a New Year’s Resolution and are already falling behind in reaching your goal. RESOLUTION is the scrawny cousin of GOAL. Rarely does either hold the key to achievement.
The truth about goals and resolutions:
- According to a January 2013 Forbes article, a whopping 40% of Americans make a New Year’s Resolution and only 8% of resolutions are reached!
- New Year’s Resolutions and “goals” independently are not strong enough to compel us to make a change.
- Few goals are reached, even when we follow the “rules”:
- Write the goal down
- Be Specific
- Tell others of the resolution or goal
- Set a deadline
Why? I have the solution!
What’s Missing from Your Goal and Resolution
1) True Commitment
- A commitment is an unbreakable promise, a vision to the person or people involved. Many are unwilling to sacrifice in order to reach the goals we say we want. It sure won’t always be easy to keep that promise, but come Hell or High Water, you had better give it your all.
- Most people need outside assistance to stay on track. Who will help hold you accountable?
- Employer or clients
- Business Coach
- Friends and family
Very few people have the ability to hold themselves accountable when commitment is waning. This is where it is vital that the mental move be made as part of achievement! Without accountability and commitment, goals are not met, businesses fail, and relationships die! Don’t wait to ask for help, you are not alone and there are people who are ready to hold you accountable. The payoff is well worth keeping your promise!
Visit me at my new address! Better yet, become my neighbor.
Make a commitment to you, your health, wealth and business.
- What is the vision you hold for your business and life?
- Where do you need to “move” to create that winning combination?
- Who can help you make that move and hold you accountable?
I have a “pick-up truck” to help you with the move! Just contact me
and we can discuss it.